Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a recipe I obtained from my catering friend a few years ago. He serves these quite often and always gets rave reviews.
- 3 eggs separated
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 strips bacon
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup cooked fresh spinach
- 2 medium tomatoes peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese divided
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form then set aside.
- In bowl combine flour, egg yolks, milk, oil, sugar and salt then beat with rotary beater until blended.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Heat a lightly greased 6-inch skillet.
- Remove from heat.
- Spoon in 2 tablespoons batter then lift and tilt skillet to spread batter.
- Return to heat then brown on one side only.
- Invert over paper toweling and remove crepe.
- Repeat with remaining batter greasing skillet often.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet then remove from pan reserving drippings and drain.
- Crumble when cool.
- Sauté onion in 2 tablespoons bacon grease until soft.
- Add spinach, tomatoes and crumbled bacon then stir in sour cream and ¾ cup of the cheese, Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly then cook until cheese is melted.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the spinach filling on each crêpe then roll up and place seam side down in a buttered baking dish.
- Put a little additional filling on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until bubbly.