Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 8 cups pure water
- 2 cups sliced Mushrooms (reserve 1 cup)
- 2 cups Onion, sliced in thin half-circles
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 lbs finely chopped fresh spinach (reserve half for later)
- 1 cup diced green onions (reserve 1/4 cup for garnish)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp each dried basil and oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground celery seed
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- In a large soup pot, bring to a boil the water, 2 cups of the Mushrooms, onions, celery and 1/2 of the spinach. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes, until onions and celery are tender.
For the creamy soup option, turn the burner to the lowest heat. In a blender, place the sour cream and enough of the hot soup broth that the mixture will blend (about 1 cup). Blend until smooth, then add mixture back to the soup and heat very gently for a few minutes. Don't boil it! Garnish with the remaining green onions.