Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 10-oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 1/2-oz. pkg. dried portobello Mushrooms
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large shallots, about 1/2 cup minced
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh sage
- 6 oz. white Mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbs. tamari soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 12 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 1 Tbs. dried dillweed for garnish
- Thaw spinach, drain in wire mesh colander and press out excess moisture. Set aside.
- Combine dried Mushrooms and boiling water in small saucepan, and cook over medium-low heat about 5 minutes. Set aside 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add crushed red pepper, garlic, shallots and chopped sage, and sauté 3 minutes.
- Drain and chop reconstituted Mushrooms, and add to skillet.
- Add fresh Mushrooms.
- Cook 5 minutes, reduce heat to low, and add spinach, dill, sherry, yeast, tamari and lime juice. Cook mixture 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on work surface, spray with oil, cover with second sheet, and repeat until 6 sheets have been stacked and oiled.
- Set aside remaining phyllo, covered with damp towel.
- Spoon half filling on long side of phyllo, 1 inch from edge.
- Fold in short ends, and, starting at long filled side, roll phyllo tightly.
- Place seam side down on baking sheet.
- Make second strudel by repeating procedure with remaining sheets of phyllo, and place on pan with several inches separating strudels.
- Using sharp knife, score tops just through phyllo, making evenly spaced cuts.
- Spray lightly with oil, and sprinkle with dried dillweed.
- Bake strudel until golden brown, about 50 minutes.
- Use serrated knife to cut each strudel into 8 equal slices
- Dilled Balsamic Syrup
- Combine vinegar, Sugar and dillweed in saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low, and continue to cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes.
- Stir in nutritional yeast, and continue to cook and stir 5 minutes, or until mixture has a syruplike consistency.
- Remove from heat, and set aside to cool. Serve at room temperature.