Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 4 servings
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1¼ pounds (600 g) sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) water
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Dijon mustard
- 8 cups (24 g) baby spinach, washed, stems removed, and drained on paper towels or spun dry
- 1 large tart apple, such as Fuji or Granny Smith, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons (16 g) slivered almonds, toasted
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Lightly a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Rinse scallops to remove any bits of shell or sand; pat dry with paper towels.
- Arrange the scallops on the broiler pan and lightly coat with cooking spray and broil, turning once, until opaque throughout (cut to test), about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Keep warm.
- In a small cup combine the oil, water, lemon juice and mustard.
- Set aside.
- Place the spinach in a bowl.
- Add the apples and almonds.
- Toss with the dressing.
- Season with pepper.
- Divide between 4 plates and top with scallops.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information Edit
- 258 calories (36% calories from fat) | 27g protein | 10g total fat (1.2g saturated fat) | 15g carbohydrates | 4g dietary fiber | 47mg cholesterol | 306mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges: 4 very lean protein | 1 carbohydrate (½ fruit, 1 vegetable) | 1 fat