This vegetarian recipe is far from boring, look at the ingredients and you shall know. Requires basic cooking skills and is double worth the effort ! Enjoy my friends !
- 1 cup tomatoes -- peeled, seeded,diced
- 1 small Onion -- oven roasted
- 1 cup Mushrooms -- minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic -- minced
- 1/2 pound spinach leaves -- blanched, chopped
- 1/4 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup tofu -- mashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil -- minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- salt -- to taste
- 48 eggless pot sticker skins
In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, Onion, Mushrooms and garlic. Cook over medium heat until the liquid from the Mushrooms comploetely evaporates abnd the mixture is somwhat dry. Be careful not to burn it. Set aside to cool.
On a cutting board, lay out a single layer of pot-sticker skins. Using a pastry brush, moisten the edges with water. Place 1 tablespoon of the spinach mixture onto the center of each skin. Cover with a second potsticker skin and press the edges together with the tines of a fork to seal.