- 1 kg spinach
- 5 tbsp plain flour
- 100 g butter
- 200 g feta cheese / brined sheep's cheese,
- 2 eggs
- 1 – 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- Wash the spinach, cut into fine strips, cook for about 15 minutes in salty water, drain, leave to cool, then puree.
- In a pan melt the butter, add the flour, then the onions and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add 150 ml water (or milk) and the pureed spinach, bring to the boil, stirring frequently.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, then add the eggs (beaten) and the crumbled cheese.
- Cook for further 5 minutes and take off the hob.