Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
My notes say i made this on Nov. 30, 1995, and it was wonderful.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- 2 pkg. cream cheese, softened (8 oz. each)
- ¾ cup heavy cream (use half milk, if desired)
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 bag frozen cut leaf spinach, thawed and well drained (10 oz)
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and well drained
- ⅔ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- crackers or tortilla chips, for serving
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, process the cream cheese, cream, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder until smooth and creamy.
- Add the spinach and process until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the artichokes and process just until coarsely chopped.
- Turn the mixture into a 3½ quart electric slow cooker / smooth the top.
- Cover and cook on the high heat setting for 1¼ to 1½ hours, until hot in the center.
- Sprinkle the top evenly with the jack cheese and spoon the salsa in a ring around the inside edges of the slow cooker.
- Cover and continue heating on high 15 minutes more or until the cheese is melted.
- Reduce the heat to the low setting and serve warm with crackers or tortilla chips for dipping.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Once you've mixed up this dip in the food processor, cook it until hot throughout in a slow cooker.
- Serve topped with melted cheese and ringed with your favorite salsa.