Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a light soup suitable as a starter or light meal, like lunch.
- 500 g of spinach or 300 g of watercress
- 1 tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter (substitute: crushed peanuts)
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 500 ml vegetable stock (use vegetable stock cube)
- 500 ml water
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- a pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- one table spoon of dark soy sauce
- large "chunk" of ginger
- bean curd if desired
- Mix salt, pepper, nutmeg and turmeric in a bowl with enough of the dark soy to make a paste.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan, add ginger and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the peanut butter.
- Stir rapidly as the peanut butter will stick to the bottom of the pan.
- After 30 seconds add the stock, stir lots.
- Take a ladle of the stock and add to the turmeric paste.
- Stir the paste into the liquid in the bowl.
- Add the rest of the soy and the turmeric mixture to the pan.
- Add the spinach or watercress to the pan.
- Cook for about 5 – 10 minutes until the spinach / watercress is cooked.
- Add tofu or bean curd one minute before the end if you would like it.