Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Makes about 2½ quarts
- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 lbs washed fresh spinach
- 4 eggs
- 2 big bunches green onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ lb cheese grated fine
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp butter
- Beat 4 eggs with salt, pepper, stir into rice.
- Stir in cheese and parsley.
- Tear stems from spinach and chop these tough stems very fine.
- Fry them lightly with 2 big bunches of green onions chopped fine.
- Tear up or chop coarsely the spinach leaves and stir them into the frying pan to wilt a little.
- Then stir it all into the rice mix.
- Stir in some sunflower seeds.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Pack into 1 or 2 greased heavy casseroles.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds and 2 tbsp melted butter sprinkled around on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes, uncovered.