When I make the crêpes, I always end up with 11 or 12, but not on Sunday, it worked out perfectly, I had 12 crêpes and all the filling used up. Credit goes to Julagay (address name, there was no *regular* name) for the white sauce.
- 4 cups quartered mushrooms
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 bunch spinach, trimmed and chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil or dill or 2 tbsp dried
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped (fresh only!)
- 8 basic crêpes
- white sauce
- 3 tbsp rice
- 1 cup rice milk
- seasonings to taste
- ¼ cup onion, chopped or minced finely
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms quickly in balsamic vinegar or cooking sherry until browned.
- Season to taste.
- Remove mushrooms from skillet and set aside.
- Wipe down skillet, saute onion in vinegar or sherry, when translucent and tender, add spinach.
- As spinach wilts, add scallions, parsley, basil or dill.
- Continue to saute until vegetables are tender and little liguid remains.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute for a few minutes to heat through.
- Add reserved mushrooms.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- For sauce, put into blender rice, rice milk seasonings, and onion.
- Process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small saucepan and heat through.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll up crepes with filling, place side by side on a baking sheet.
- Pour white sauce over crepes and heat for 10 to 15 minutes in oven.
- Serve hot.