- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mace
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered cloves
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 3 cups quick-cooking raw oatmeal
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and spices; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until smooth.
- Mix in milk, vanilla, and beaten eggs.
- One at a time, stir in the cornflakes, Oats, dry ingredients (from medium bowl), coconut, chocolate chips, and walnuts (if using), just until each addition is incorporated.
- Drop dough by well rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10–12 minutes, then let stand for 2 minutes before removing to let cool on baking racks