These bars are truly delicious, they are nutty, spicy and very moist. And the cream cheese frosting is so yummy. We sure liked them.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 30 bars
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1½ cups chopped butter toffee flavored walnuts
- 1 can cream cheese frosting
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat a jelly roll pan with cooking spray. Line with wax paper, coat paper with spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in bowl until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until done.
- Let cool in pan. Turn out, remove paper.
- Turn upside down onto serving platter. Spread with frosting, cut into bars.
- Top with chopped walnuts.