- 1 kg potatoes
- ½ red pepper (capsicum)
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 oxo cube (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 knob of butter
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
- ½ tsp of chilli powder
- fresh bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- finely chop the onion and the pepper (capsicum)
- crush the garlic
- beat the egg and leave aside
- boil the potato and the onion, pepper and garlic
- when the potato is cooked, mash them with the salt, pepper, chilli, the butter, the beaten egg and oxo cube (if used) until they are all well mixed.
- grate about two slices of bread into crumbs.
- let the mixture cool then add the bread crumbs to the mixture and mix well. the whole mixture should now be quite firm.
- shape them into circles about half to 1 inch thick
- heat your oil and fry until they are golden brown.
i have never tried grilling them, but it's possible to do so