Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 12 servings.
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1½ tsp cumin
- 3 lb boned lean veal shoulder, trimmed, rolled, tied
- 4 tsp olive oil
- ½ lb onions, peeled
- ½ clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp dried tarragon
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Mix together salt, pepper, cinnamon, and cumin.
- Rub over roast.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in large skillet.
- Add onions, garlic, and tarragon.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in ovenproof pan large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Brown meat on all sides.
- Add garlic-onion mixture.
- Add parsley, thyme, and bay leaf.
- Bake in 325°F oven for 1½ hours, or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to serving platter.
- Skim fat from cooking juices.
- Remove bay leaf and parsley.
- Cut roast in ¼ to ½-inch slices.
- Pour a little cooking juice over roast and serve rest on side.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 206 | Fat 8g | Sodium 149mg | Fiber 1g | Carbohydrates 2g