Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 12 servings.
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1½ tsp cumin
- 3 lb boned lean veal shoulder, trimmed, rolled, tied
- 4 tsp olive oil
- ½ lb onions, peeled
- ½ clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp dried tarragon
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Mix together salt, pepper, cinnamon, and cumin.
- Rub over roast.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in large skillet.
- Add onions, garlic, and tarragon.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in ovenproof pan large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Brown meat on all sides.
- Add garlic-onion mixture.
- Add parsley, thyme, and bay leaf.
- Bake in 325°F oven for 1½ hours, or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to serving platter.
- Skim fat from cooking juices.
- Remove bay leaf and parsley.
- Cut roast in ¼ to ½-inch slices.
- Pour a little cooking juice over roast and serve rest on side.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 206 | Fat 8g | Sodium 149mg | Fiber 1g | Carbohydrates 2g