- ¼ cup margarine
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ½ cup unsweetened apple juice
- Cream the margarine , honey, sugar, and eggs together in a bowl until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the dough into thirds.
- Flatten each one into a circle ½ in thick.
- Refrigerate overnight until firm.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll out on a lightly floured surface to ⅛ inch thick.
- Cut out the dough with a star cookie cutter and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Nutritional information Edit
One serving (2 cookies)
- 78 calories
- Note: these cookies have approx ¾ tsp of sugar per 2 cookies.