Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lb Small Squid
- 1/4 cup olive oil or corn oil
- 3 x onions, peeled, sliced
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup Dry red wine
- 2 x cinnamon sticks
- 4 whl cloves
- 1 x bay leaf
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- Wash and clean the Squid, separating the outer sacs from the heads and tentacles, removing and discarding the translucent cartilage, and small sand bag and ink.
- Rub salt on the outer sacs and rinse them inside and out with cold water. Rinse head and tentacles thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the Squid, including the tentacles, and onions, and cook slowly until the onions are translucent.
- Pour the vinegar and wine over the Squid and onions, then add the remaining ingredients and enough water to almost cover the Squid, if necessary.
- Cook, uncovered, over low heat until the Squid are tender and all the wine has been absorbed, approximately 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Remove the spices and bay leaf. Cut the Squid into bite-sized pieces and serve warm or cold.