Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings.
- 1½ pounds peeled shrimp
- ½ to 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced
- ½ teaspoon sugar or substitute
- 2 large navel oranges or 4 clementines, peeled and sectioned
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Toss the shrimp with the minced chipotle (use ½ of the chile for mild heat and a whole one for more fiery flavor) and sugar; set aside.
- Toss the oranges or clementines with the cumin and lime juice.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high.
- Add the shrimp in a single layer, taking care not to crowd the pan. If necessary, use 2 skillets.
- Cook the shrimp until they are lightly browned on the undersides, about 2 minutes.
- Turn them over and then place the orange sections on top of the shrimp.
- After 2 minutes, when the shrimp are seared on the undersides, toss the mixture and continue cooking 1 more minute, or until the orange pieces are softened and have released juices into the pan.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the cilantro and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 253 | Fat 7g | Carbs 12g | Sodium 310mg | Fiber 2g