Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves: 12
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- ½ cup sherry wine vinegar
- 20 large cilantro sprigs
- 2 Serrano chiles or Jalapeño chiles, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled, de-veined
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- lime wedges and/or avocado
- Combine tomato juice, clam juice, vinegar, cilantro sprigs, chilies and worcestershire sauce in medium saucepan.
- Boil until sauce is slightly thickened and reduced to 1⅔ cups, about 30 minutes.
- Strain into a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and sauté until just cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp, tomato, green onions, chopped cilantro, lime juice and sugar to sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill until cold, at least 3 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and keep chilled.)
- Garnish with lime wedges and/or avocado.