Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 8 oz. fresh or frozen scallops
- 8 oz. fresh or frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- 8 oz. fresh mussels in shells, beards removed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup fish or vegetable broth
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon ground saffron
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Thaw scallops and shrimp if frozen then rinse and pat dry.
- Scrub mussels.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups water and 3 tablespoons salt then add mussels and let soak for 15 minutes.
- Drain, rinse and repeat twice.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan then sauté garlic and onion until tender.
- Stir in cumin, cinnamon, ground red pepper and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add broth, tomatoes, saffron and bring to boiling.
- Add scallops, shrimp and mussels.
- Return to boiling then reduce heat and simmer, covered for 5 minutes or until mussel shells open.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.