- ½ lbs mushrooms, sliced
- 1 – 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 – 2 hot peppers (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- Sauté the mushrooms in the sherry in a non-stick pan until the mushrooms start to give up some of their liquid.
- Then add the rest of the stuff and saute until soft and brown.
- Serve over your favourite carbohydrates.
My favourite carbo for this dish is Kraft dinner made without the margarine. Make it as directed on the box, but just skip the margarine and it works just fine, and weighs in at under 10% calories from fat. Add a slice of fat-free processed "cheese" to enhance the creamy/cheesy taste and texture.