Had way too much of roast beef one time, and whipped this salad up to make up for the amount of meat I had consumed, and the lack of vegetables in a diet. It worked so well, I have started making extra roast beef, just so that I could have heaps of leftovers for this wonderful salad.
- mint leaves
- 1 head watercress
- 1 packet mixed salad greens
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 5 slices leftover roast beef (up to you how much you wanna add)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 chile, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Wash and dry mint leaves and watercress in a salad spinner.
- Toss the packaged salad leaves and watercress in a salad bowl and top with tomatoes and onion.
- Add beef slices, torn into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix dressing in a bowl, stir well to combine.
- Cover salad with spicy dressing.
- Top with mint leaves and serve with rotti for a twist.