Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes approximately 20 rice balls.
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ⅓ cup finely chopped celery
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil for deep-fat frying
- Cook beef, celery, onion and garlic in large skillet until meat is brown, stirring to crumble. Add chili powder, salt, pepper, chili sauce and ¼ cup water. Simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, or until sauce is very thick. Stir in parsley; set aside.
- Combine rice, cheese and butter. While still warm, use 2 tablespoons rice mixture to shape into balls. Press centers with thumb; fill each with 1 tablespoon meat mixture. Enclose rice mixture to seal.
- Dip in egg; roll in crumbs. Fry in hot oil (365 °F) in large saucepan 1 minute, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.