Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Poe Estate in Justin, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound beef tips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 large bell pepper chopped
- 10 ounce can tomatoes with green chilies
- 16 ounce can pinto beans
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- In Dutch oven boil diced meat in water seasoned with salt and pepper for 20 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In same pot add oil, onion, bell pepper and garlic then sauté until onions are tender.
- Add pinto beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, cumin and jalapeno.
- Cook on medium low heat for 40 minutes.
- Add meat then cook on low heat 3 hours.
- Add wine last 30 minutes.