Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wadley Estate in Allen, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound red, white and black beans (any combination you like)
- 1 white onion chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 whole jalapeno peppers
- 2 whole banana peppers
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon gumbo filé
- 1 can dark beer
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco
- Dump everything except the onion into a crock pot or large pot and let sit for 6-24 hours.
- Add the chopped onion and put heat on high.
- Check every hour and add extra beer to make sure beans stay covered.
- Cook for 8 hours.