- 1 pastry shell, 9"
- 1½ cups pumpkin, canned
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 3 tbsp liquid cal-free sweetener (The most common liquid sweetener in Canada is SugarTwin. 3 tbsp is the sweetness equivalent of 12 tbsp sugar or ¾ cup.)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- light vanilla ice cream 7% butter fat
- Prick pastry shell with a fork.
- Bake in 450°F oven for 8 minutes.
- Stir together pumpkin, egg, milk, sweetener, sugar and seasonings.
- Pour into partially baked pie shell.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 50 minutes or until centre is almost set.
- Cool slightly and then refrigerate.
- Cut into 8 wedges and serve each with 2 tbsp light vanilla ice cream.
- Preparation 15 minutes, cook 50 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
For ⅛ pie with 2 tbsp light vanilla ice cream:
- 173 calories 20 g carbohydrate | 5 g protein | 9 g fat | 1 g
- Diabetic choices: fibre ½ starchy | ½ fruit | vegetables | 1 milk 2% | 1½ fats & oils