Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Spicy Potato and Pea Soup from the Public Health Cookbook -- original source of recipe, government resource licensed in the public domain
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3½ cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 4 tablespoons plain, nonfat yogurt
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, onion and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle the garam masala, coriander and cumin over the potato mixture then gently toss to coat and cook an additional minute.
- Add the vegetable broth and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the peas and yogurt then season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes then serve.