Making your own sauce with real peanut butter and spices will take more time, but the effort and results are worth it. This red-hot peanut sauce is a simplified accompaniment to the noodles, meat dishes, or other meals. Crushed peanuts always work for this, too.
- ½ cup creamy, all-natural peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 4 oz. silken tofu
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1 tsp. Thai red curry paste
- 4 tbsp. lime juice
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar, brown or white only
- 2 tbsp. white miso
- 3 tbsp. tamari soy sauce
- fresh jalapeño, minced, optional
- 2 tbsp. cayenne pepper powder, optional
- Combine ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Thin with water as needed. Pour on the peanut mixture in the large saucepan but bring this to a boil, if desired.
- Spoon or scoop the homemade, spiced peanut sauce into a fresh jar then reserve this in the refrigerator. Use on noodles, meat, cooked rolls, or other meals.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 3 cups or 3-5 tablespoons or teaspoons