- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 – 3 red chillies (I use the large ones)
- 2 – 3 pieces of ginger (about an inch in size)
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves
- a handful of basil leaves
- a couple of mint leaves
- 2 stalks of lemon grass, cut into medium-sized pieces
- 1 chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes and pan-fried in a little oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- fresh chopped cilantro
- fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- handful of baby spinach
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced onions
- Boil all the ingredients for the soup together for a couple of minutes.
- Garnish with the remaining ingredients and enjoy with buttered toasts or crackers!
Recipe by Hooked on Heat Edit
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com