This epic meat dish is made with authentic herbs, hot sauce, soy sauce, and fruit juice, roasted to sharp perfection, and served with rice or other meat dishes. Lemon zest sometimes works for this for garnishing, too.
- 3 pounds lamb shoulder roast
- ⅔ cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced or (¼ teaspoon garlic powder)
- Combine apple juice, oil, soy sauce, oregano, ginger, hot pepper sauce, and garlic.
- Place lamb on a rack in a roasting pan. Brush the lamb with marinade. Hold remaining marinade in refrigerator.
- Roast the lamb at 325 °F oven temperature for 25 minutes per pound, about 1 ¼ hours, until internal temperature registers 160 °F.
- Brush with remaining marinade several times while roasting.
- Remove from oven and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve hot and plain or with rice.