Lamb, Leg or Shank by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 3 pound lamb shoulder roast
- ⅔ cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder)
- Combine apple juice, oil, soy sauce, oregano, ginger, hot pepper sauce, and garlic.
- Place lamb on rack in roasting pan. Brush lamb with marinade. Hold remaining marinade in refrigerator.
- Roast lamb at 325 °F oven temperature for 25 minutes per pound, about 1¼ hours, until internal temperature registers 160 °F.
- Brush with remaining marinade several times while roasting.
- Remove from oven and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.