Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serve this as a side dish-a garnish that will enhance the flavor of your meal.
- Preparation: 72 hours and 20 minutes.
- This recipe is for 2 pints.
- 1 lb sized head Chinese cabbage
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Separate and wash the cabbage leaves.
- Sprinkle them with the 2 tbsp of salt.
- Place them in a non corrosive dish (pyrex) and pour in the 4 cups cold water, cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge over night.
- The water should cover the leaves if not place a heavy object on them to keep them submerged.
- After sitting overnight pour off the water and rinse the leaves well, shake out excess moisture (I used my lettuce dryer to remove the extra moisture).
- Mix the garlic, ginger, green onion,chile flakes,sugar and 1 tbsp salt, stir together.
- Pour 1½ cups of very hot water over the mixed seasoning.
- Place cabbage leaves in a large zip lock bag or in a bowl, pour in the seasoning, mix well so the seasoning is on every leaf.
- Place in the fridge for two days.
- Flip the bag every time you open the fridge door.
- To serve cut the leaves into 2" strips and serve as a side condiment.
- To store pack the cabbage into a jar and store in the fridge it will keep for several days to a week or more.