Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Chill time: 6 hours
- Makes 4 servings
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar substitute
- Combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Add chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- Transfer to a large skillet; bring to a boil, then simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Make sure chicken does not boil dry.
- Adding additional water/vinegar will decrease spiciness.
- May also bake in 350°F oven for approximately 45 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (4 ounces chicken):
- Calories 200 Calories from Fat 17 | Total Fat 4 g | Cholesterol 87 mg | Sodium 368 mg | Carbohydrate 8 g | Dietary Fiber 2 g | Protein 34 g