Paprika partners with thyme, black pepper, and cayenne to spice up these tasty grilled fries that are far healthier than their deep-fried counterparts. Cut them extra thin, and be sure to use a grill topper or vegetable basket. In cooler months, you can bake the fries in a hot oven.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: South Beach Diet Taste of Summer Meal Plan
- Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 lb), peeled
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Lightly coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat to medium-high.
- Cut sweet potatoes into fries ⅓-inch thick by 2 to 4 inches long.
- In a medium bowl, combine sweet potatoes, oil, paprika, thyme, salt, cayenne, and black pepper.
- Grill sweet potatoes, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and serve hot.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1-cup serving:
- 200 Calories | 7g Fat | 1g Saturated fat | 2g Protein | 32g Carbs | 4g Fiber | 190mg Sodium