Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Paprika partners with thyme, black pepper, and cayenne to spice up these tasty grilled fries that are far healthier than their deep-fried counterparts. Cut them extra thin, and be sure to use a grill topper or vegetable basket. In cooler months, you can bake the fries in a hot oven.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: South Beach Diet Taste of Summer Meal Plan
- Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 lb), peeled
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Lightly coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat to medium-high.
- Cut sweet potatoes into fries ⅓-inch thick by 2 to 4 inches long.
- In a medium bowl, combine sweet potatoes, oil, paprika, thyme, salt, cayenne, and black pepper.
- Grill sweet potatoes, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and serve hot.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1-cup serving:
- 200 Calories | 7g Fat | 1g Saturated fat | 2g Protein | 32g Carbs | 4g Fiber | 190mg Sodium