Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Spicy Fried plantains
- 4-6 plantain bananas slightly ripe, peeled and cut into bite-sized cubes
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper or red pepper
- ½ peeled, grated fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 1-2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Grind together grated ginger root, pepper, and salt, and then mix with water. In a glass bowl toss together the plantain cubes and spice mixture.
- In a deep skillet, heat oil up to 350 degrees F. Fry plantains, turning once, until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper, keep in warmed oven until all the plantains are fried. Serve immediately.