Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Spicy Eggplant Dip from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Serves: 8
- 2 medium eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400 deg. F. Line a heavy baking sheet with foil.
- Brush the cut sides of the eggplant with 1 tablespoon of the oil and arrange cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake until cut sides are browned and eggplant is soft (about 25 minutes).
- Combine remaining oil and garlic in a skillet and heat over low heat until garlic sizzles. Stir in cumin and remove from heat.
- Scoop out softened eggplant, chop finely and then add to skillet. Add ginger, bell pepper, and parsley. Stir mixture over low heat until blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.