Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living
- Makes 4 cups
- ½ teaspoon grated whole nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 10 – 12 drops hot sauce
- 4 cups pecan halves
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a paper bag, shake to mix.
- Lightly beat egg whites (at room temperature) and hot sauce until combined.
- Add pecans, a few at a time, stirring well to coat.
- Place pecans in paper bag with spices, shake well.
- Spread pecans in a single layer on a lightly greased jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 200°F for 2½ hours.