Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 cups of frozen cranberries
- 2 cups of liquid (can be water or cranberry juice)
- 1 cup apple juice
- dash of lemon juice
- 2 cups of sugar
- star anise
- Dissolve 1 cup of sugar in a mixture of the boiling water or juice
- Add apple and lemon juice
- Add 2 star anise and 4 cloves in a spice bag or tea strainer
- Add the cranberries
- Return to a boil and then reduce to a simmer
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice
- Taste and add more spices and sugar, if needed
- Simmer for 15 to 25 minutes, until the cranberries have burst and softened. If necessary, add more boiling water to keep it from getting too thick.
- Check on the level of spices and sugar again.
- Chill in a refrigerator. The sauce will thicken when it cools.