Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lb. Ground sirloin
- 16 oz jar "hot" salsa
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- chilies (optional)
- 1 tbl. black pepper
- In stock pot w/2 cups of water place the following:
- 1 large smoked neck bone (must be smoked)
- 1 piece salt Pork
- Dash salt.
- 1 hamhock
- 2 cups 3 Cheese blend (any)
- corn bread.
(Hot water corn bread, everybody's grandmother had a different recipe.) , Or 4 packs or Gold Medal® corn muffin mix (prepare according to package directions. Doubling the recipe.) Two packs of corn bread will be used for top and two for the bottom. Cook bottom bread completely.
- Brown ground meat (cooking thoroughly), add pepper, salsa (chunky), chilies, crushed red pepper
- simmer 6 minutes to let spices cook together.
- Layer meat, cheeses, spices over completely cooked bread.
- Cover w/top batter
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 40 minutes or until golden.
- Cover and let simmer 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash and clean 5 bunches of collard greens, after cleaning cut bunches and place into stock pot.
- Cover and let slow simmer for 30-40 minutes or until desired tenderness.
"Serve with spicy corn bread. I think the soul food flair can be seen in the tastes and aromas."