This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Braham Estate in Greenville, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped garlic
- ½ cup white onion cut in large chunks
- ½ cup green peppers diced in large pieces
- ½ cup red peppers diced in large pieces
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup V-8 juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ounce package fettuccine cooked
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast cooked and sliced in strips
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Heat oil in sauté pan.
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add onions and sauté one minute then add peppers and continue to sauté another minute.
- Deglaze with chicken stock reducing by half then add V-8 juice and cayenne pepper and bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- Thicken with cornstarch.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place pasta and sauce in pan and heat until hot.
- Arrange in serving dish and top with chicken breast.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and parsley.