Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Spicy Beef Wraps from the Pubic Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- 1 lb. lean beef sirloin (choice), ¾" thick
- 1½ tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 whole wheat tortillas, 7" inches in diameter
- 1 cup no-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 6 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- ½ large red onion, chopped
- Preheat broiler in oven and set rack about 3-4 inches below heating elements.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, oregano and cumin.
- Rub the spice mixture over both sides of the beef and let stand for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Place beef on a broiler pan and broil in oven about 5 minutes until medium-done (or until desired doneness).
- Cut beef into ⅛ inch slices.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and horseradish.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of the sour cream mixture over each tortilla.
- Top each tortilla with 1 cup of lettuce.
- Sprinkle each tortilla with the chopped red onion and tomatoes.
- Divide beef into equal portions and top each tortilla with beef.
- Fold one end of a tortilla up about 1 inch over filling then fold the left and right sides over the folded end, overlapping and serve.