- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 lbs fresh rhubarb, diced (6 cups)
- 14 oz fresh raspberries
- 1/2 Tbs butter
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 5 Tbs butter, chilled and diced small
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- In a saucepan combine Sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and cardamon.
- Add rhubarb and combine thoroughly.
- Add butter.
- Set over medium heat, stirring continually until rhubarb cooks and starts to thicken (5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and gently fold in fresh raspberries. Pour into ramekins or gratin dishes.
- Preheat oven to 375 deg F
- Combine combine first 6 ingredients.
- With a pastry blender or your fingers, quickly cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal.
- Combine all but 1 tablespoon of the buttermilk with the dry ingredients.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Knead the mixture gently in the bowl just until it holds together.
- On a lightly floured surface, gently pat, or roll the dough until it is 3/8" thick and cut out desired shapes.
- Transfer the biscuits to the top of the fruit and brush with remaining buttermilk.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 350o and continue baking another 10–15 minutes until golden brown and fruit is bubbling.