Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a family favorite and so easy to make. I always use pecans. For years I have filled some type of small container and given for gifts.
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1½ tbsp water
- 1½ cup pecan halves, walnut halves, cashews or a combination
- In a deep, 2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole, combine first 7 ingredients
- Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 1½ minutes; stir occasionally.
- Add ½ cup nuts at a time to syrup mixture. Stir until well coated.
- With a slotted spoon lift out nuts; drain extra syrup.
- Place nuts in a shallow, 1½-quart, heat-resistant, non-metalic baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining nuts.
- Heat coated nuts, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 5 minutes or until syrup begins to harden slightly.
- Transfer nuts to wax paper and allow to cool and harden.