This is a recipe I obtained from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hager estate in Canton, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by catsrecipes y-group
- 6 cups water
- Thai tea leaves
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 1 whole clove
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Crush cardamom pods and set aside.
- Crush whole clove and set aside.
- Bring water to a boil then stir in tea.
- Add cardamom and cloves then remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Pour through a strainer then add sugar stirring until dissolved then cool.
- Chill two hours and serve over crushed ice.
- Top with 3 tablespoons half and half.