- 2 small eggplants, sliced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ cucumber, preferably Lebanese, very thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, home-grown, not supermarket varieties, very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup kalamata , pitted, halved
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt, preferably creamy greek yoghurt
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- flat leaf parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Preheat the grill, brush the eggplant slices lightly with some of the oil and cook under a high heat, turning once, until golden.
- Cut into quarters.
- Mix together the remaining oil, vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, cumin and coriander; season to taste with salt and pepper; mix thoroughly; add the warm eggplant quarters, stir well and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Transfer the chilled eggplant mixture to a serving dish, and add the cucumber, tomatoes and ; spoon the yoghurt on top, sprinkle with parsley and serve.