Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cunningham Estate in Seven Points, Texas in 1999.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds carrots thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cups chopped white onions
- 2 large celery stalks diced
- 4 cups water
- 1½ cups fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons freshly minced parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced scallions
- Reserve and set aside ½-pound carrots.
- Heat oil in large soup pot then sauté onions and celery until golden.
- Add all remaining ingredients except reserved carrots.
- Bring to a boil then cover and simmer over moderate heat until vegetables are tender.
- Puree until smooth then return to low heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Let stand several hours before serving.
- Just before serving steam reserved carrots until tender and stir into soup.