This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cunningham Estate in Seven Points, Texas in 1999.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds carrots thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cups chopped white onions
- 2 large celery stalks diced
- 4 cups water
- 1½ cups fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons freshly minced parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced scallions
- Reserve and set aside ½-pound carrots.
- Heat oil in large soup pot then sauté onions and celery until golden.
- Add all remaining ingredients except reserved carrots.
- Bring to a boil then cover and simmer over moderate heat until vegetables are tender.
- Puree until smooth then return to low heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Let stand several hours before serving.
- Just before serving steam reserved carrots until tender and stir into soup.