Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This dish is a simple 30-minute meal. For an extra-spicy entree, leave the seeds in the jalapeno; remove seeds for a mild version. Shiitake stems can be saved for flavoring stock but are inedible, so discard them after using.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Vegetarian Times, Issue: March 1, 2004 p.51
- Serves: 4
- 1 tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp dark sesame oil
- 9 cups (1 medium bunch) bok choy, rinsed and sliced crosswise
- 4 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 cup sliced scallions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp granular sugar substitute
- 1 lb firm tofu, at room temperature, cubed
- Heat oils in a large skillet or wok over high heat.
- Add bok choy and mushrooms, and stir-fry for 5 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
- Add scallion, garlic, jalapeño and ginger, and stir-fry for 1½ minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix water, soy sauce and sugar substitute together in a cup.
- Stir into bok choy mixture, and top with tofu.
- Cover, and cook just to heat through, for 1 minute.
Nutritional information Edit
- 360 Calories | 25g Protein | 18g Total fat | 35g Carbs | 8g Fiber | 2g Sugars