Cook Time: About 5 minutes
- 1 medium banana, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large seedless orange, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups plain or vanilla soy milk
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 3 or 4 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients except ice cubes in blender. Cover and blend on high speed for 15 seconds or until smooth.
- Add ice cubes, cover and blend for 15 seconds more or until well blended.
- Serve immediately.
- Spiced Banana Smoothie from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource