Salsa goes fast — be sure to make enough by multiplying the recipe a time or two.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The Marlboro Country Cookbook
- Makes 4 Servings.
- 2 or 3 racks baby back ribs, 3 to 5 lbs.
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. each garlic salt and cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. each black and white pepper
- 4 cups chopped cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon
- 1 cup chopped red and/or green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. each minced jalapeno chili pepper and cilantro
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh mint
- Trim ribs if needed and cut into serving pieces if desired.
- Combine paprika, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, and black and white peppers; rub on all surfaces of ribs.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before grilling.
- Light fire and let burn down to hot coals, about 30 to 40 minutes. Push coals to sides.
- Add 1 cup wet mesquite chips to coals if desired.
- Place ribs away from coals on grill.
- Cover the grill and cook 1 to 1 ½ hours or until tender, turning every 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine the chopped melon, peppers, and onion in a bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over; toss to mix. Serve salsa with ribs.