Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Salsa goes fast — be sure to make enough by multiplying the recipe a time or two.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The Marlboro Country Cookbook
- Makes 4 Servings.
- 2 or 3 racks baby back ribs, 3 to 5 lbs.
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp each garlic salt and cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp each black and white pepper
- 4 cups chopped cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon
- 1 cup chopped red and/or green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp each minced jalapeno chili pepper and cilantro
- 1 tbsp minced fresh mint
- Trim ribs if needed and cut into serving pieces if desired.
- Combine paprika, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, black and white peppers; rub on all surfaces of ribs.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before grilling.
- Light fire and let burn down to hot coals, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Push coals to sides.
- Add 1 cup wet mesquite chips to coals if desired.
- Place ribs away from coals on grill.
- Cover grill and cook 1 to 1½ hours or until tender, turning every 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine chopped melon, peppers and onion in a bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over ; toss to mix.
- Serve salsa with ribs.