Sufficient for ninety cookies.
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cupfuls brown sugar
- 1 cupful Crisco
- 1 cupful molasses
- ½ cupful sour milk
- 2 teaspoonfuls baking soda
- ½ teaspoonful black pepper
- 1 teaspoonful salt
- 1 teaspoonful powdered cinnamon
- 1 teaspoonful powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoonful powdered cloves
- 1 teaspoonful grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoonful baking powder
- flour to make a stiff dough
- First beat eggs five minutes, then add sugar and beat five minutes, then add Crisco and beat until thoroughly mixed, add molasses, milk, soda, salt, spices, baking powder, and enough flour to make stiff dough.
- Leave mixture in basin until following day.
- Take pieces of dough and roll out, cut with small cutter, lay on Criscoed tins and bake in moderate oven from seven to ten minutes.