Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Preheat oven to 350 °f.
- Grease 9-inch round cake pan.
- In small bowl, combine currants and enough hot water to cover; let soak 20 minutes.
- Spread coconut in small baking pan and bake until light golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven; maintain oven temperature.
- In coffee grinder or small food processor, grind flaxseeds.
- Transfer to blender along with ¼ cup of soy milk.
- Set mixture aside to soak.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, sift both flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cardamom, cloves, ginger and mustard.
- Stir in coconut.
- To mixture in blender, add maple syrup, oil, vanilla extract, vinegar and re-maining ½ cup soy milk and blend thoroughly.
- Gradually add maple syrup mixture to flour mixture, mixing well with wooden spoon.
- Drain currants, then stir into batter.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake until cake pulls away from sides of pan and is firm with a little spring to the touch, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes in pan.
- To remove from pan, run knife around edge of pan and turn cake out onto wire rack.
- Cool completely, then frost with coconut cream if desired.