Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 1/2 pounds Chicken parts
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large Onion,halved, and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormickŽ Ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon McCormickŽ Ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormickŽ ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormickŽ turmeric
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pitted and quartered dates, (about 6 ounces)
- 1/3 cup whole blanched almonds
1.Coat Chicken with flour. Heat oil in a large deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add half of the Chicken; brown about 5 minutes per side. Remove from skillet. Repeat browning step with remaining Chicken, adding Onion. Return all Chicken to skillet.
3. Stir in broth, lemon juice and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in dates and almonds and cook, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover and simmer another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.